Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tuesdays with Morrie and Genie

In class this week, we watched the movie "Tuesdays with Morrie." I found the movie to be really good and sad, and it taught me a lot about how I want to live my life. Morrie spent the time he had left by cherishing it and having fun, instead of dreading that one day that will come. I found that this was really important, because I want to live my life, instead of me worrying about what will happen next. Also, Morrie really showed me that in order for people to move on with their lives and be happy, they need to show emotion and feel dependent on people. I know many people who live their life feeling like they do not need others, and never showing emotion. Allowing yourself to open up and feel a need of others around you is very important, because it allows a person to grow. I also learned this week that human interaction is one of the most important things in a persons life. Without human interaction, we would never learn how to chew, walk, talk, or learn properly. Isolated people live a life full of wonder, and they never truly experience the great things. Genie grew up in a California home never leaving the room she was tied up in until she was 12. She never met people and her father gave her food under the door. She could not speak, could not stand upright, and could barely walk. After people found her, she went to a home with people who could not take care of themselves and learned to walk and use simple sentences. She still does not have a very high IQ and probably struggles with her life. This shows that early interaction to establish close bonds needs to happen at an early age. People need to interact and form relationships with each other to become intelligent and happy. This article and Tuesdays with Morrie showed me how important the bonds we make with others will really help us grow in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment